With gift-giving season quickly approaching, I thought it would be a great time to host a Slush hat KAL!
The Slush toque is the perfect quick knit to give as a gift (or keep for yourself). It uses less than one skein of super bulky weight yarn, requires only a couple of hours of knitting time, and results in a finished item that’s both warm and stylish (with or without a pom pom – although I must confess, I prefer WITH)!
I can’t wait to see your finished objects (FOs) and give out some awesome prizes! I’ll also be sending weekly emails with tips on yarn selection, tutorials on making pom poms, information on featured prizes, and more.
Here’s how the KAL will work:
What: Knit Slush hats all month, share FOs with hashtag #slushkalfo, qualify for prizes!
When: November 3rd – 30th, 2017
How (aka “The Rules”)
- Sign up for the KAL (even if you’ve already signed up for my newsletter and received the pattern, you’ll need to sign up for the KAL specifically by clicking the link above).
- Select your yarn. In general, one skein of super bulky weight yarn per hat will do (check the pattern for the specific yardage required for each size). Dive into your stash, visit your LYS, or support an indie dyer online!
- Knit, share, chat! Share your progress (and follow others) using the hashtag #slushkal.
- Post those FOs to qualify for prizes! There’s no limit – you get one entry into the prize draw for each finished project. To ensure your entry counts, be sure to post one photo per finished object using the hashtag #slushkalfo
- Watch for the prize draws on December 1st! We are still compiling the list of prizes, but I’ll be sending out an email with the goods once I have them all.
Please note that there are two different hashtags – #slushkal and #slushkalfo. Be sure to use #slushkalfo for prize entries only – i.e. one photo per FO should have the hashtag #slushkalfo. Use #slushkal freely when posting anything related to the KAL, including not only finished projects, but also photos of yarn you’ve selected, in-progress shots of your projects, etc.
That’s it! This is meant to be a fun, chill KAL and you can participate as much or as little as you like. As long as you post your FOs with the hashtag #slushkalfo, you’ll be entered to win prizes.
Looking forward to seeing your projects starting November 3rd.